ClinCard at California Dermatology & Clinical Research Institute
Beginning on August 14, 2017, compensation will be paid using a rechargeable debit card.
What are the benefits of this new payment method?
In an effort to continually improve your CDCRI experience, we are offering you a new payment method with a number of benefits.
- Money is available in full as soon as the deposit is paid on your card.
- A customized alert is sent every time a deposit is made.
- You can use this card for online purchases, directly in stores or even withdraw money at an ATM.
- You can access your data, such as your balance, online.
When can I start using my CDCRI ClinCard?
As soon as your first compensation is paid on your card. Your ClinCard is activated once the card is registered to you by a CDCRI research coordinator. Please sign the back of the card immediately and call the Customer Service number (1-866-952-3795) to retrieve your 4-digit personal identification number (PIN).
How does the CDCRI ClinCard work?
Mastercard Prepaid Cards can be used wherever Mastercard is accepted. Each time the CDCRI ClinCard Prepaid Mastercard is used, the purchase amount is deducted from the available balance until that balance reaches zero. Once the entire card amount has been spent, it can no longer be used as a method of payment until additional funds have been added. Never throw away your card. The next time you complete a study visit, additional funds will be added to your card.
Only CDCRI can add additional funds. The card cannot be reloaded at a bank with cash or a fund transfer from your bank account.
Can I withdraw money or pay at a restaurant with my CDCRI ClinCard?
Yes! You can use your CDCRI ClinCard almost everywhere. The CDCRI ClinCard is both a credit and debit card. You can use it to:
- Purchase merchandise in stores (with the credit option)
- Shop online (with the credit option)
- Buy gas (with the credit option) – see details below
- Withdraw money at any ATM (with the debit option)
Does the card require a personal identification number (PIN)?
Yes. Just like any standard debit card, you will need to add a PIN to your account. It is also recommended that you sign the back of your card.
What happens if the amount of my purchase is greater than the balance in my account?
If you attempt to make a purchase whose amount is greater than your account balance, the transaction will be denied. Before making a transaction, you should specify to the merchant the amount to be applied to your card.
Are there user fees When I use Clincard?
There are no user fees for:
- Purchases made in-store or online
- Adding funds to your card (this can only be done through the online platform)
- Using the online platform
Fees only apply to production of paper reports, since all data is available online for free.
Usual fees apply for money withdrawal at an ATM.
How can I check the balance on my card?
You can check your balance three ways:
- You may access the balance of your card online at www.myclincard.com.
- You can also check your balance by calling customer service at 1-866-952-3795 and follow the prompts
- Visit an ATM and use your pin for a “balance inquiry”
What should I do if my CDCRI ClinCard is lost or stolen?
If your card is lost or stolen, inform the CDCRI research coordinator. They can issue you a new card. Your old card will be deactivated and the remaining balance will be transferred to a new card. If you prefer to contact customer service, there is a $7.00 fee for replacement and it will take 7- 10 days to receive by mail.
Will you know what I spend my money on?
No. There is no tracking or recording of how you spend the money from CDCRI. Do whatever you want with it, we won't know.